Friday, July 29, 2011

Reason to change from the stock filter on a scooter

Hi gang. Just a tip for you dawgs out there. These photos show you why it is so important to change out the stock fuel filter that comes on your new scooter. They are of dubious quality and may even be included in a recent recall of chinese fuel filters. I recently changed mine as it was leaking at the glued seam. I was more concerned with the crappy design of it. I opened it after noticing that the paper filter inside looked strange. What I found was that the paper element was not sealed all the way around. That is as good as no filter. Th fuel line was thin and very stiff like plastic. I replaced it with some quality rubber fuel line. I suggest you change yours too.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

ty magnaman of scootdawg forums

No comments:

Post a Comment